- Fusion: This service supports the Orchid Fusion VMS server that manages registered Orchid Core VMS servers and provides access to video from those servers.
- After you’ve configured your Orchid Fusion VMS properties and started the service, you should check the service status to verify Orchid Fusion VMS is running.
- You will need to restart the service whenever a change has been made to the Orchid Fusion VMS configuration file.
- The Monit Service Manager must be stopped before you can stop the Orchid Fusion VMS service.
How to Manage the Orchid Fusion VMS Service Through the Command Line
- Open the Terminal program (CTRL+ALT+T).
- Type the following command:
sudo service fusion (command)(where the command is
status). Then press Enter.
How to Manage the Orchid Fusion VMS Service Through the GUI
- Open a web browser running on the same computer as the service. Type http://localhost:2812 into the address bar to access Monit (Orchid Fusion VMS’s process monitor).
- You will be asked for a username and password. The username is admin and the password is 0rc#1d (unless it was manually changed through the Monit configuration file).
A list of the services setup with Monit (including fusion) will appear. The status of each service is listed in the Status column.
- Click the name of the service you need to stop, start, or restart. A detailed information screen for the monitored service you selected will appear.
- Click the Stop Service button to stop the selected service. This action will keep the service off until the Start Service button is clicked.
- Click the Start Service button at the bottom of the screen to start the selected service.
- Click the Restart Service button to restart the service. The status of the service will update from Running to Running-restart pending. Once the service has restarted successfully, the status will return to Running.
Thanks for your feedback.