Beginning with version 2.0.0, Orchid Fusion VMS offers multiple ways to sign in. By performing some configuration work on the front end, your Orchid Fusion VMS users will be able to sign in with their existing Google credentials.
Creating the Google Credentials
The first step in enabling Google authentication is to create an OAuth client ID that Orchid Fusion VMS will use to identify itself with Google OAuth servers.
- Navigate and sign in to https://console.developers.google.com.
- Click Credentials.
- Click Create Credentials and select OAuth Client ID.
- Select Web application.
- Set the name to Fusion.
- Click Create. When the ID is created, copy the client ID.
Creating Users in Orchid Fusion VMS
Orchid Fusion VMS users now need to be associated with Google accounts. For each user that would like to sign in using a Google account, create or modify their Orchid Fusion VMS account and specify their Google account in the email address field. For more information, please refer to the Creating and Managing Users section in the Orchid Fusion VMS Administrator Guide.
Modifying the Configuration File
To finish up, you will need to modify the Orchid Fusion VMS configuration file and then restart Orchid Fusion VMS. For help with the steps below, please refer back to the Installation section that corresponds to the operating system in which you are working.
- Add/modify the following line in your Orchid Fusion VMS configuration file: google.auth.clientid=<your client ID>
- Replace <your client ID> with the client ID that you copied from Google.
- Restart the Orchid Fusion VMS service.