If your Orchid Core VMS server has access to the internet, it will use stun.ipconfigure.com as a STUN server by default, and no additional configuration will be required. If your Orchid Core VMS server is on a private network, or if you prefer to use a different STUN server, see the following instructions.
To set up the STUN server, first identify servers that you can use, then you’ll need to set the webrtc.stun.host and webrtc.stun.port settings. You may use either of the following methods:
- You can use the Advanced Settings feature in the software (which is described in the Orchid Core VMS Administrator Guide).
- You can modify the Orchid Core VMS properties file (as described below).
For more details on these properties, please refer back to Orchid Core VMS Configuration Settings.
- Open the Orchid Core VMS properties file. (If you need help, refer back to the How to Edit a Configuration File section that corresponds to your operating system.)
- To setup a STUN server, add the following properties to the configuration file:
- When all changes are complete, save and close the file.
- After you update the Orchid Core VMS properties file, you must restart the Orchid Core VMS services. (If you need extra help, refer back to the How to Manage the Orchid Core VMS Services section that corresponds to the operating system you are using.)
- Once the restart is complete, you can sign into Orchid Core VMS.