- To access the retention settings for Orchid Core VMS, open the System Menu in the top-right corner of the screen, then select Retention Policy.
At the top of the Estimated Retention section, Orchid Core VMS displays a summary of estimated server space usage. Use the cursor to hover over the colored regions of the summary graphic to view the estimated server space usage for each camera.
- Unavailable space: This space on the disk is marked in grey. It is already in use by other applications and is unavailable to Orchid Core VMS for storing video.
- Video data: This space on the disk is marked in various bright colors representing each camera. This space is filled with videos that are managed by Orchid Core VMS. To make space for new video, the oldest videos are continuously and automatically deleted as the Cleaner Threshold is reached.
- Cleaner Threshold: By default, Orchid Core VMS will attempt to make sure that no more than 85% of your disk space is used. This threshold is marked on the bar by a red dotted line. To change the 85% Cleaner Threshold setting, use the Advanced Settings feature.
- Free space: This disk space is not in use by Orchid Core VMS or any other program.
Thanks for your feedback.