When reporting an issue with the ipConfigure application into the ticket system, there is a lot of information that you as the user will need to submit along with the ticket to help the techs diagnose the issue(s).
Before submitting a ticket, please make sure that the server has all of the Windows Updates and service packs and that the cameras have had all of the firmware updated.Â Please provide all of the information below when opening a new ticket.
1. What version of ipconfigure that is installed on the server?
2. Provide the type of error that you are having.
3. Export the Application Event logs from the Management/Archive server or Workstation that is having the issue and submit it with the ticket.
4. Export the System Event logs from the Management/Archive server or Workstation that is having the issue and submit it with the ticket.
5. Take screen shots of the errors that you are getting due to this error and submit it with the ticket.
6. In the ticket window, please type the Operating System version you are using (Windows 2003 or Windows 2008).
7. In the ticket window, please type the the SQL version that is being used (SQL 2005 or SQL 2008).
8. In the ticket window, please type the Internet Explorer version that is being used (IE 6, IE7, or IE8).
9. In the ticket window, please input the type of camera and the model number that may be part of the issue.
10. In the ticket window, please input if the application has ever worked?Â If so, what has changed on the server, such as changing the server name or IP address.
11. Please enter the company name that the ipConfigure application applies to.
12. Please enter a telephone number so that a tech can contact you after reviewing all the information.